Monday, October 10, 2011

25 YEARS

Today has been a very strange day for me. I sometimes wondered how I would feel when this day rolled around and now I know...sad, nostalgic, free, thankful, wistful, old...and even more that I can't seem to put words to.
Twenty-five years ago today when I walked the isle to marry Charles I loved him with all my heart and never dreamed that I wouldn't be celebrating our 25th anniversary together. Each year after year 5 when things kept going further downhill and falling apart more and more that image drifted farther and farther away.
After 12 years of marriage, when the divorce went thru, each year since when this date has rolled around, I have still remembered it even as God moved my life on. It is just one of those dates that became a part of my life. So each Oct. 10th is hard in it's own way as a reminder of my failures and my past come back to visit for a day.
So today might have been my 25th wedding Anniv. if there were no sin and no willfulness and stubbornness and anger in this old world.

No comments:

Post a Comment